Free COVID-19 At-Home Test Kits are provided by the federal government in partnership with the United States Postal Service (USPS). Every household in the U.S. is eligible to order the free COVID-19 home tests and have them delivered straight to their door.
To order, go to covid.gov/tests. If help is needed with placing an order, call 1-800-232-0233 to be assisted in either English or Spanish. Anyone with a hearing impairment who needs assistance may use TTY 1-888-720-7489.
Here is what to expect after placing an order:
- Each order currently includes 8 rapid antigen COVID-19 tests
- An order of 8 tests will come in 2 separate packages (4 tests in each package), each with its own tracking number
- Packages will ship free
Here are reasons to test for COVID-19:
- If experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- It is at least 5 days after a known or suspected close contact to COVID-19
- For screening (schools, workplaces, congregate settings, etc.)
- To protect before and after travel
- When asked by a healthcare professional or public health official to do so
Go to covid.gov/tests to order the free COVID-19 At-Home Test Kits without delay.