** ALERTS **
North Georgia Health District offices in Dalton and public health departments and programs in Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens and Whitfield Counties will be closed for a state holiday on Monday, April 27.
Better Health Starts Here
The North Georgia Health District is a part of the Georgia Department of Public Health. This District is comprised of six counties including Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens, and Whitfield County. Many programs and services exist throughout the district, all of which are designed to meet the needs of the people of North Georgia.
Our vision for the North Georgia Health District is healthy people, families and communities.
Our mission is to promote and protect the health of the people in the North Georgia Health District wherever they live, work and play, through population-based preventive programs including:
- Prevention of epidemics and the spread of disease
- Protection against environmental hazards
- Injury prevention
- Promotion and encouragement of healthy behaviors
- Responding to disasters and assisting communities to recover
- Assisting communities in assessing the quality and accessibility of health services