Request a Birth Certificate
Department of Human Resources regulation require that all requests for vital records include the signature of the requestor and the proper fee.
Access to birth records is limited to:
1. the person named on the certificate
2. the parents shown on the birth record
3. an authorized legal guardian or agent
4. grandparents of the person named on the certificate
5. an adult child of the person named on the certificate
6. an adult sibling of the person named on the certificate
7. the spouse of the person named on the certificate
The person requesting a certified copy of a birth record must provide all the information below, a signed request form, and a photocopy of your valid photo ID, such as: driver's license, state issued ID card, or employer issued photo ID.
Vital Records Request for Search of Birth Form
Request a Death Certificate
Certified copies of death records are available from 1919 to the present. Death certificates are available to the general public.
The person requesting a certified copy of a death record must provide the following information and a signed request:
Full name of deceased,
Date of death (month, day, year),
Place of death (city, county),
Age of deceased at death,
The number of copies requested.
Relationship to deceased.
Vital Records Request for Serach of Death Form
Fetal Death Certificates
Contact the state office at (404) 679-4701 regarding certified copies of fetal death certificates.
You may also contact the Vital Records Section of the Georgia Division of Public Health for birth and death certificates in Georgia.