** ALERTS **
***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT APPOINTMENTS AT OUR COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH COVID-19 CLINICS***
IF INCLEMENT WEATHER CAUSES ANY OF OUR COVID-19 VACCINE CLINICS TO DELAY OPENING OR TO CLOSE, WE WILL POST THAT INFORMATION RIGHT HERE WITH INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING APPOINTMENT RESCHEDULING. ON INCLEMENT WEATHER DAYS, PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE TO THIS **ALERTS** SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE FOR ANY UPDATES THAT MAY AFFECT YOU BEFORE GOING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT IN CHEROKEE, FANNIN, GILMER, MURRAY, PICKENS OR WHITFIELD COUNTY. THANK YOU!
For FREE COVID-19 TESTING in North Georgia, log on HERE.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
It's too late to prepare once a disaster strikes. Getting yourself and your family informed on proper safety procedures and securing a few easy-to-acquire supplies ahead of time can go a long way towards easing the impact of a disaster or emergency.
Learn how to create your own disaster plan and more by visiting Ready Georgia. Click on these four important steps Georgians can take to protect ourselves, those in our care and those in the community who may depend on us financially:
- To coordinate and/or deliver public health services in response to terrorism, natural disasters, or other public health emergencies.
- To facilitate and acquire resources that will supplement disrupted or over burdened services and relieve the suffering and trauma of victims.
The Emergency Preparedness office will assist with and/or deliver plans, policies, operating procedures, assessment tools and training/education to establish and promote emergency preparedness/readiness in our organization and community.
Click below for full scoop on our Latest News:
To get more information on preparing for emergencies that you can share, click on these downloadble resources below:
- Be Informed - Biological Threats.pdf [129.71 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- Be Informed - Chemical Threats.pdf [142.35 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- Family Emergency Preparedness Guidelines.pdf [595.84 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- Family Emergency Preparedness Plan.pdf [591.62 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:09]
- Pandemic Flu Prep Pamphlet.pdf [2.12 MB] [2018-07-18 13:01:09]
- Prepare Your Family for Emergency!.pdf [507.41 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- Response Guide for Businesses.pdf [97.06 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- Response Guide for Families.pdf [97.46 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:09]
- Response Guide for Schools.pdf [93.58 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:11]
- Vehicle Survival Kit.pdf [347.44 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]
- West Nile Virus - Protect Your Family.pdf [83.95 KB] [2018-07-18 13:01:10]