** ALERTS **
The North Georgia Health District office and Public Health Departments in Cherokee, Fannin, Gilmer, Murray, Pickens and Whitfield Counties will be closed Friday, July 3rd in celebration of Independence Day on the following day. . . Have a Safe, Healthy and Happy 4th of July!
North Georgia Health District office employees and district level services recently moved from Bry-man's Plaza North to three office buildings off Chattanooga Road near the North Dalton Bypass.
- The main district administrative office is located at 1710 Whitehouse Court in Dalton, and the main phone number is (706) 529-5757.
- District Women’s, Infant and Children (WIC) is at 1620 Hickory Street, and the district WIC phone number is (706) 529-5742.
- Children with Special Needs programs, including Children 1st, Babies Can’t Wait and Children’s Medical Services, are at 1622 Hickory Street, and that phone number is (706) 529-5763.
- Category: Media Releases
- Created on Monday, 17 August 2009 05:00
- Last Updated on Monday, 13 August 2012 20:13
- Hits: 2627
THE NEW GILMER COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER IS LOCATED AT 4152 HWY 52 EAST (FIRST ROAD ON THE RIGHT JUST PAST THE JAIL).
RABIES IS A DEADLY DISEASE. IT IS CRITICAL THAT PET OWNERS VACCINATE AND KEEP THEIR PETS VACCINATED AGAINST RABIES.
THE APPALACHIAN ANIMAL HOSPITAL IS SPONSORING THIS REDUCED-COST RABIES SHOT CLINIC AND WILL BE ASSISTED BY GILMER COUNTY ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH.
FOR MORE DETAILS, PLEASE CALL THE ANIMAL SHELTER AT (706) 635-2166.